Pages

Monday 2 January 2012

Tonight: Hugh's Chachouka

Strange weather today, beautiful clear sky, then suddenly black and hail... in between the storms I managed to get out to plant out the Acer tree I've had in a pot for about a year, and put my new rhododendron plant into the pot. I also spotted the tips of the snowdrops. 


This evening I cooked Chachouka from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Veg Everyday book. I really liked the TV series and this book, it's not preachy, and is marketed as a sort of veggie book for meat eaters. If you don't have the book it's similar to this recipe though the one in the book doesn't mention duck eggs.






It was easy to make, and is tasty, but not that exciting - quite a simple supper. I served it with some cous-cous and lemon juice. There's enough for tomorrow's lunch too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment