Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Ode to a wild rose

On my walk home today I spotted this gorgeous wild rose in the hedgerow: 


And these beautiful blackberry flowers: 




One of the neighbours has the most amazing display of lavender in their front garden. It was looking it's best today!


\


And the bees were loving it. 



In Grainy's Garden news, I ate some peas straight from the pod today, they tasted like sweets! Amazing. They will probably never reach the kitchen, I just can't help but eat them there and then in the garden. 



Another gorgeous sweet pea flower: 



My potatoes aren't quite ready yet, but I couldn't help but check what was going on down there in the soil... so I dug one up, boiled it, and ate it. It tasted amazing! So fresh. 



More tomatoes on the vines: 



And I planted some poppy seeds which came free with Saturday's Telegraph. Here's the packet so I remember what variety they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment