Pages

Sunday 10 April 2011

Potatoes planted

I got up and planted the potatoes today. Most of them in the bed I'd dug, in 2 rows, and I planted salad and radish seeds over the top of the two mounds, suggested by Monty Don on Gardeners World, he says by the time the salad has grown & you've harvested it, it'll nearly be time to dig up the potatoes! 

I also planted a few potatoes in a bag, to see how that will work.

A few of the sweet pea plants look a big sad, perhaps too little water, perhaps a bit of nibbling by some slugs... I've covered a few of them over with plastic bottles with the lids taken off to give them air, to protect them, see if that helps. And I gave them lots of water.

I'm going away til Thursday, so it'll be interesting to see if any of the things I've planted will have started to come up when I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment